We are grateful for the generosity and support of our community members that often spend their own time, money and effort organizing a fundraiser to benefit our animals. These fundraisers vary in type and size, but include bake sales, car washes, golf tournaments, quarter auctions, happy hours, and more.
If you are interested in organizing and hosting your own event to benefit POPP, we would like to know about it! Please fill out our online form with a detailed description of your fundraising event. Then review our policies and procedures below and check out our tips and downloads to help make
your event a success.
- Tribute or memorial webpage using JustGiving
- Bake sale
- Birthday party
- Car wash
- Kissing booth with your dog
- Lemonade stand
- Pampered Chef, Thirty-One, Paparazzi, etc.
- Yard sale
Planning & Promotion
- SEEK THE HELP OF FRIENDS & FAMILY – Getting help with your event will help you brainstorm creative ideas, divide the work and have more fun.
- SET A GOAL for yourself – In the early stages of planning, you should identify your expenses and potential sources of income and donations. You should also set a fundraising goal.
- KEEP EXPENSES LOW – Increase the amount of money you raise by limiting the amount of money you spend. Keep your expenses low by asking people to donate or discount items such as venue rental fees, entertainment, decorations, food, and beverages. Ask for donations for auction items and raffle prizes.
- START RAISING MONEY EARLY – It is never too early to start asking and use the time around the holidays when families are gathered to ask for a donation.
- DON’T BE AFRAID TO ASK – The #1 reason that people do not give is because they aren’t asked.
- SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS – Much of your success will depend on how well you spread the word about your event and the number of people you invite. How do you plan to let people know about your event? The more ways you can get the word out, the better.
- USE YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE and other social media – Be sure to include regular updates on your Facebook page, Instagram, etc. to reach your friends and family.
- GET PERSONAL in your emails – If you are as passionate about the animals as we are, say it! Tell why you are involved in raising money for the animals and why it is important to you.
- MAKE YOUR OWN PLEDGE and tell your donors you are doing so – It shows your level of commitment.
- GO OFFLINE – Use a paper pledge form for your doctor, dentist, next-door neighbor, kids’ sporting events, book club, dry cleaner, church group, etc. – or anyone else that you would not normally contact via email.
- LOOK FOR MATCHING FUNDS – Find out if your employer and your donors’ employers have a “matching gifts program,” which will in effect double the amount you raise.
- INCORPORATE OTHER WAYS TO RAISE MONEY – Think about creative ways to raise funds – live or silent auctions, raffles, 50/50 drawings, passing the hat, and sales of food or merchandise are just some examples of ways you can raise additional funds at an event.
- DONATIONS are TAX DEDUCTIBLE – Another reason to give!
- THANK YOUR DONORS – When you receive a donation, please personally thank each donor. We appreciate your help in making people feel good about their connection to our mission.
Policies & Procedures
To ensure POPP’s name, image and reputation are properly represented, we ask that all third-party fundraisers abide by the following policies:
- The event must be promoted in a manner to avoid statements or the appearance of POPP endorsing any product, firm, organization, individual or service.
- The POPP name and logo must be used in accordance with our graphic standards. Please do not alter the colors, font, or aspect ratio.
POPP Color codes:
- All promotional materials must clearly state what percentage of the proceeds that will benefit POPP.
- Event organizers are responsible to obtain all permits, especially those for raffles and/or games of chance.
- Event organizers must obtain their own liability insurance to cover the event. POPP is not financially liable for the promotion and/or staging of third-party events.
- Final net proceeds should be turned over to POPP within 30 days of your event.
How POPP Can Support Your Event
The first step is to complete and submit our online questionnaire.
POPP can support your event with:
Online fundraising tools. Use POPP’s Facebook page, or for more complex fundraisers you can use POPP’s Just Giving Fundraiser platform to create your own personal web page, where your friends and family can securely make online donations to support you. It’s easy and takes just a few minutes! To get started:
- Visit POPP’s Facebook Fundraisers and click “Raise Money”. Follow the simple on-screen prompts to set up your fundraiser.
- Just Giving: Once you’ve set your goal and completed your page, send supporters to this page for easy online giving.
Facebook Fundraisers are fun and easy way to for those who wish to have birthday or wedding gifts directed to POPP.
- Some events will be included in our quarterly e-newsletter.
- Promoting on POPP’s Facebook page.
- Giving you informational brochures (please give us a 2-week notice)
Due to the number of requests we receive, POPP cannot:
- Send a representative to participate in all events & send merchandise to sell (t-shirts, hats, magnets, etc.).
- Supply adoptable pets to for your event.
- Send emails to our donors promoting your event.
- While we may be able to provide guidance for your event, we do not have the staff to handle the administrative tasks associated with third-party events. Therefore, you are responsible for all details including: underwriting all of the related costs; recruiting volunteers; creating flyers to publicize the event; and working at the actual event.
After Your Event
Final net proceeds should be turned over to POPP within 30 days of your event. Please send any donations you have collected, along with your name, address, email and brief description of your fundraiser to:
Pet OverPopulation Prevention
1506 N Road 40
Pasco, WA 99301
HOST YOUR OWN FUNDRAISER QUESTIONNAIRE
If you are interested in organizing and hosting your own event to benefit POPP, we’d like to know about it! Please fill out this form with a detailed description of your fundraising event.